This comprehensive new report from our global partner Vigeo Eiris presents their analysis of the performance-related trends and impacts of 148 companies in the global energy sector, with exclusive data on ESG, Carbon Footprint, Energy Transition, Controversies, the Sustainable Development Goals and more.
The report provides detailed information by geographical zone, including changes to performance over 3 years and results for each sustainability criterion and domain of analysis. It identifies the risks, opportunities and challenges specific to the sector and reviews the pledges and mechanisms implemented by companies to address key energy challenges.
- Although Energy is one of the largest carbon emitting sectors, companies’ energy transition performance remains weak.
- Investors use different strategies to address this weak performance, particularly activism and divestment.
- Companies still demonstrate limited human rights performance and remain highly exposed to allegations.
- Performance has improved on issues of board governance, executive compensation, social dialogue and community engagement.
- The report also examines oil drilling and transport safety: from recent disasters to imminent risks.
Vigeo Eiris awarded an average overall score of 32 to companies in the Energy sector, on a scale of 0 to 100.
Top Performing Companies:
- Europe: Repsol (58/100)
- North America: ConocoPhilips (45/100)
- Asia Pacific: Oil Search (51/100)
- Emerging Markets: Ecopetrol S.A. (52/100)
Best progress since 2017:
- Europe: Lundin Petroleum (+10)
- North America: Vermilion Energy (+10)
- Asia Pacific: Oil Search; Idemitsu Kosan (+4)
- Emerging Markets: Kunlun Energy (+13)
To enquire about accessing Vigeo Eiris sector reports, please contact the relevant team below:
If you are an investor: email@example.com
If you are a corporate entity: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an NGO or a university: email@example.com
If you are a journalist: firstname.lastname@example.org